Upset 89-year-old’s view of U.S.A’s problems:
1. Eliminate the electoral pole or Electoral College. Let the people decide by vote.
2. Require the Supreme Court to only make unanimous decisions. Nine of the best citizens, of education and experience, must “think” the rest of us are already split 50-50 or 40-60.
3. Eliminate the two-party system of enforced influence. We elect our choice of members to use their own “wisdom,” not to be pressured by some party’s official ideas.
4. Decide the seating arrangement by assignment, not by sides.
5. Gun control: Anyone convicted of threatening anyone with a gun or knife shall receive a long jail sentence with no parole. Who will risk this for a few bucks?? This is a good start on guns.
6. Driving while under the influence: Require auto confiscation plus jail time. Rich people loose their Cadillac/Poor people loose their Ford. Fair trade! We confiscate a gun for a threat to one person, why not take a car for a threat to many people?? Politicians will not pass this law because almost all have and still will drive while under the influence.
7. Balanced budget vs. contract deadline: Congress, all educated and experienced officials must meet their deadline or continue negotiating with no pay, plus a fine. That’s what contractors have to do. Fair is fair.
8. The homeless: The more you help them, the more there are. They’re coming from California to Seattle. Use present moneys to provide work projects similar to the WPA in the 1930s.