The Grays Harbor Community Foundation has donated $26,000 into the community through its third quarter Small Grants Program. This program addresses immediate, smaller-scale needs in the community that range between $500 and $5,000.
Seven organizations were funded this quarter.
• Connections — Reaccreditation and copy machine
• Aberdeen Parks and Recreation — Accessible swing seat for Sam Benn Park
• Grays Harbor County Emergency Management — Grays Harbor County School NOAA weather radios
• Grizzly Booster Club — Sea Breeze Oval concession stand
• Harbor Art Guild — Aberdeen Rain Glow Festival
• Harbor City Church — Back to School Marketplace
• South Sound Parent to Parent — Bridging the Gap for our Littlest Learners
Eric Potts, executive director, commented: “Philanthropy is at the center of so many of the great things happening in Grays Harbor. Whether through financial investments, donations of time or resources or simply just individual’s expertise, we all have the ability to do good in our community. It is an honor to lead the Foundation and learn about the important work our nonprofits are doing on a daily basis and the wonderful people that support and lead them.”
For more information on the foundation’s Small Grants Program, visit the website at www.gh-cf.org.