Want to see your next event listed here? Email an announcement with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lunch is served to senior citizens noon-1 p.m. at the Elma Senior Center (100 W. Main St. in Elma). Donations accepted.
• Pool table open to seniors at the Elma Senior Center, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
• Bingo is held at the Elma Senior Center on the second and fourth Thursdays.
• Sewing at the Elma Senior Center, 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Al-Anon meets every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. at Faith Lutheran Church (1296 Monte Elma Road, Elma). For more information, call (360) 482-8005.
• “The Most Excellent Way,” a faith-based recovery support meeting sponsored by Calvary Chapel of Montesano, meets every Monday, 6 p.m.-7 p.m., at The Center, (303 W. Pioneer Ave. in Montesano). For more information call (360) 249-2012 or email email@example.com.
• GriefShare Meeting, at 7 p.m. on Thursdays at Montesano Church of God, 317 E. Spruce St. in Montesano.
• Alzheimer’s Association caregiver support group meetings held every third Tuesday, 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Aberdeen (420 N. Broadway St.). For information call Helen Morning Star, (360) 533-2277.
• The Grays Harbor ACLU meets the third Wednesday of every month for a potluck at 6 p.m. at Events on Emerson (212 4th St. in Hoquiam).
• Olympic Area Agency on Aging presents every third Thursday of the month Family Caregivers Support Group. 1:30 p.m.-3 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church (1296 Monte Elma Rd. in Elma). For more information call (360) 538-2458.
• Schafer Meadows Fiber Arts Guild holds a monthly meeting the second Wednesday of each month, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Elma. Bring a dish to pass. A potluck lunch will be held at noon. Open to the public.
• TOPS Club, Inc. WA 1522 has private weigh-in from 6 p.m.-6:30 p.m. every Thursday in the forestry meeting room at 310 W. Spruce Ave. (on the second floor). Meetings follow at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. For more information call (360) 581-3835.
Thursday, May 24
• BINGO at Elma Senior Center at 5 p.m.
• Grays Harbor Hospital District 1 will hold a regular meeting at 6 p.m. at Summit Pacific Medical Center in Elma.
Friday, May 25
• Funaddicts performs at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino’s Ocean Lounge, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Also on Saturday, May 26.
Monday, May 28
• VFW Post 1948 will hold a memorial service at 11 a.m. at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Elma at the Monument of the Unknown Soldier.
Saturday, June 2
• Lake Quinault Craft Fair and Bake Sale, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Amanda Park. Arists and craftsmen from around the Olympic Peninsula. Hosted by the Lake Quinault Community Circle.
• State Parks free day in recognition of National Trails Day. Day-use visitors to a state park will not need a Discover Pass.
• Help spruce up Montesano’s city forest trails 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meet at the kitchen by beach area at Lake Sylvia State Park. Bring gloves, string-trimmer, pruners, lunch and appropriate clothing and boots.
At the libraries
• McCleary Timberland Library will host a presentation on eating seasonally and locally 10:30 a.m. to noon. WSU Extension Small Farms Coordinator Kiley Smith will distribute the 2018 Farm Fresh Guide.
Wednesday, June 6
• Brandon Klinger’s Edward Jones Office (211 S. Main St. Suite 1A) in Montesano will host its monthly coffee club 11 a.m. to noon.
Saturday, June 9
• Panhandle Lake Camp near Shelton will host their fourth annual family fishing fun day 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All youth younger than 15 are inivted. Held on free-fishing weekend, so no need for a license. $10 registration fee per child (includes new fishing rod and reel) and lunch voucher for first 200 people registered. Scholarships available for families with multiple children. Register online at https://bit.ly/2I8NpFO.
• State Parks free day to celebrate National Get Outdoors Day. Day-use visitors to a state park will not need a Discover Pass.
• Elma High School’s Class of 2018 graduates.• Habitat for Humanity golf tournament. Registration at 8:30 a.m. and tee off at 10 a.m. Costs is $75 per player or $250 for a team of four. All proceeds go toward helping families have safe and affordable housing. Call (360) 612-3432 to register.
At the libraries
• Elma Timberland Library will host a presentation on eating seasonally and locally 10:30 a.m. to noon. WSU Extension Small Farms Coordinator Kiley Smith will distribute the 2018 Farm Fresh Guide.